Wednesday, January 9, 2013

The 5 W's of this blog



The Who
Hi, I'm June Cleaver. Obviously that's not my real name, but just for fun, let's go with that. I live with my dear husband, Ward, and our little one, Wally. We are both going to school, Ward to become a journeyman electrician, and me for speech therapy. Wally just turned one, and boy, is she a handful!!There's no Beaver yet, but hopefully he or she will come along one day.
The Why
Why a Cleaver-themed blog? The main reason is because we watch a lot of Leave it to Beaver- thank you Netflix on Sunday. As all who are acquainted with the show know, June Cleaver is the quintessential 1950's housewife. Her hair is perfectly coiffed (see picture), the house is spotless, and she always has a snack or meal ready for her children and their friends. And it got me thinking, what would a 2013 June Cleaver look like? How would she parent? What issues would she have to face and overcome raising children in this day and age? What hilarious or all-too-familiar situations would she find her children in?
The Where, When, and What
Well, where and when are kinda silly in this case, but I'll let you know that these Cleavers live in Utah. I'll try to post as often as possible, or when I don't want to work on my thesis.
The what gives me more to work with. Back in the days of the show, children spent all day out of the sight of their parents, didn't talk to the opposite gender, and the most technology they were exposed to was the radio or the 3 black-and-white channels on their tube tv. So, I wanted to use this blog to document our adventures in parenting, and our successes and failures in trying to raise children in a much more technological and complicated world.

So here we go! Cue the theme music!

No comments:

Post a Comment